Wednesday 29 July 2015

Caitlyn Jenner is moving ‘too fast’ - Raven Symoné

'Ant-Man' New York screening
American Actress and Comedian, Raven-Symoné thinks Caitlyn Jenner needs to learn more about the transgender community.
The actress said 65-year-old reality TV star, previously known as Bruce Jenner before undergoing gender transition in May, has become a vocal activist “too fast, too soon.”

Discussing the debut episode of the former Olympian’s new E! reality series, ‘I Am Cait,’ in which Caitlyn met with a late teen’s parents and friends to highlight the rates of suicide amongst transgender youth, the 29-year-old star said: “I think it’s wonderful, and yes, it needs a light being shined on it. When I came out, I didn’t go and go hardcore and be like, ‘I’m going to save the world for LGBT…’ You’ve got to learn it. You’ve got to learn it first, and she’s not, really.
“Before [I came out], I was definitely repping the community, even when I wasn’t saying this is what I was. And I’m not faulting [Caitlyn], because yes, we need [her]. It’s too fast, too soon.”
The former Disney star, who first revealed she is in a same-sex relationship last year, says she doesn’t even claim to be an activist herself yet either.
Speaking on the US chat show, she said: “I can’t be. I learned from the real gay rights activists. I can only do what I can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment