Saturday 11 July 2015

5 Things Dad Told Me And Maybe You Too About Love, Sex And Girls And Why I Never Believed Them




 by Abah Samuel

There is no doubt that African parents are overly protective and issues like love and sex are a taboo. No matter how much educated you think you are they would still find a way to shut you up when you begin to talk about these things, so here is a list of five things my dad told me about love, sex and girls and why i never believed them.



1. The beautiful ones are not yet born



Like seriously? Obviously this is the only novel title my dad ever read and he didn't fail to keep reminding me. Dad i get your explanation and lets say maybe i understand why i need to stay away from girls, but i cannot and would not just accept the fact that these ladies i see crawling my street on turtle necks and skimpy pants ain't beautiful. Okay Dad, before you raise your voice again, I'm sure it wont hurt to keep the 'not so beautiful ones' close while we wait for the beautiful ones yet unborn.


2. You shouldn't have premarital sex

Well that's not exactly how he said it because no African dad would want to hear that 'sex' word under his roof, not even from him. However for the sake of this post lets assume he said it that way. Ehn dad, I am sure you and i would agree its not premarital sex if I'm not planing to get married.


3. Forget them for now, they just ain't worth it

I am sorry dad but I'd have to really disagree with you on this, like a 'bad ass harvey league lawyer kind of disagree with you' because you see, girls have been extremely priceless to me in ways you'll approve of if we minus the crazy night parties and ruffled sheets.


4. You are too young to fall in love

I didn't know there was a required age for people to fall in love and i am very sure there is nothing like that, well for your information, i have fallen in love, got heartbroken, recovered, fell in love again, rinse and repeat. And I've enjoyed every bit of it. I'm not sorry to disappoint you.


5. When you have money you can choose any lady you want




The problem with this believe is, when i have money the girls that would be around me wont be girls i would want. See dad, i would rather live in that fairy tale of finding a gal that would love me for who i am and not what i have...., though according to Cesare Pavese

"No woman marries for money, they are all clever enough before marrying a millionaire, to fall in love with him first"       for your sake dad, i hope that is true.


Abah Samuel is a weird writer with a twisted sense of humor, he likes to be unknown, he blogs, he blogs HERE and you can directly reach him HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment